Provide individualized non-medical home support
- Provide general housekeeping such as
- Meal Preparation
- Provide transportation to appointments and activities
- Perform errands on behalf of the client
- Perform other related activities as required
- First aid and CPR knowledge is desirable
- Food Safe Certificate is desirable
The Home Support Worker is expected to demonstrate the following:
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Effective communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
The Home Support Worker represents the company, the following attributes are desired to maintain our company’s image and professionalism:
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be consistent and fair
- Be compassionate and understanding
- Be flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Respect cultural differences
- Work independently with little supervision
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- The Home Support Worker may be required to carry groceries, or other items on behalf of the client.
- The Home Support Worker may be required to be able to store and retrieve wheel chairs and other walking aids when needed.
- The Home Support Worker may be required to be able to push wheelchair along with client where needed.
- The Home Support Worker spends time in client homes.
- The Home Support Worker may be required to drive in winter conditions and make visits during periods of cold temperatures
- The Home Support Worker may face some stress from dealing with clients and family members who may be difficult to work with.
- The applicant will be subject to a National Criminal Record Check.
- The applicant’s driving record will be verified.
- The applicant holds a valid driver’s license
- The applicant has access to a dependable vehicle
We’re keen on having our employees work close to where they live. Your application and interest in our company is very much appreciated and we thank you in advance for wanting to work for us.
We’ll keep your resume on file for future considerations/opportunities based on your location and that of our clients..