Provide individualized non-medical care
- Provide general housekeeping such as
- Meal Preparation
- Provide transportation to appointments and activities
- Perform errands on behalf of the client
- Perform other related activities as required
- First aid and CPR knowledge is desirable
- Food Safe Certificate is desirable
The Home Support Aide is expected to demonstrate the following:
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Effective communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
The Home Support Aide represents the company, the following attributes are desired to maintain our company’s image and profesionalism:
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be consistent and fair
- Be compassionate and understanding
- Be flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Respect cultural differences
- Work independently with little supervision
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- The Home Support Aide may be required to carry groceries, or other items on behalf of the client.
- The Home Support Aide may be required to be able to store and retrieve wheel chairs and other walking aids when needed.
- The Home Support Aide may be required to be able to push wheelchair along with client where needed.
- The Home Support Aide spends time in client homes.
- The Home Support Aide may be required to drive in winter conditions and make visits during periods of cold temperatures
- The Care Provider may face some stress from dealing with clients and family members who may be difficult to work with.
- The applicant will be subject to a National Criminal Record Check.
- The applicant’s driving record will be verified.
- The applicant holds a valid driver’s license
- The applicant has access to a dependable vehicle
This role is set up to provide non-medical care. As such the role does not require aiding the client with personal hygiene, grooming, bathing or the adminstration of medication.