Provide individualized non-medical care usually not provide by the Care Provider
- Provide general house maintenance, such as
- Replacing lightbulbs
- Replacing Airfilters
- Minor repairs
- Paint touch ups
- Perform seasonal services, such as
- Mowing the Lawn
- Cleaning the Gutters
- Powerwashing the driveway
- Perform other related activities as required
- General understanding tools used around the house
- General understanding of electricity/plumbing/carpentry
The Handy Man is expected to demonstrate the following:
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Effective communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Time management skills
The Handy Man represents the company, the following attributes are desired to maintain our company’s image and profesionalism:
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be consistent and fair
- Be compassionate and understanding
- Be flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Respect cultural differences
- Work independently with little supervision
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- The Handy Man may be required to move heavy objects.
- The Handy Man may be required to be able to push wheelchair along with client where needed.
- The Handy Man spends time in and around the client’s home.
- The Handy Man may be required to work in winter conditions.
- The Handy Man may face some stress from dealing with clients and family members who may be difficult to work with.
- The applicant will be subject to a National Criminal Record Check.
- The applicant’s driving record will be verified.
- The applicant holds a valid driver’s license
- The applicant will have access to a dependable vehicle
This role is set up to provide non-medical care. As such the role does not require personal hygiene, grooming, bathing or the adminstration of medication.