You or an elderly family member has just been diagnosed with a critical illness. You know that with Canada’s beleaguered health care system mistakes can be made. So, right from the get go you have decided to be proactive with your health care. A good step to take is to get a good system to monitor and track your overall health and illness. HealthNotes is a Langley company that provides a tracking system that is easy to use and designed to save time in doctor’s offices and medical care facilities.
HealthNotes has some steps to take if you find yourself overwhelmed by the amount of information coming your way. Conversely you may be frustrated by the lack of information you are receiving as well. In any case, the following tips could be very helpful.
- Find out everything you can about the health condition you are facing.
- When searching for health information online, look for sites that end in .org, .gov. or .edu. These are reputable sites with reliable information.
- Start collecting your health records.
- Make a list of questions and concerns before you visit the doctor or specialist. If necessary, schedule another meeting following your diagnosis.
- Make a list of your treatment options.
- Talk to other patients who have faced the same situation you are experiencing.
- Make a pro and con list of your treatment options and allow yourself time to make the decision. Remember your stress level will be high and your emotions will weigh in on this decision. But remember it is you who has the final say in your treatment
The information in this post is provided ‘as-is’. B Cared For does not endorse any specific company. We simply strive to provide you, the reader, with useful information and resources we think are relevant.
Lilianne Fuller, Relationship Manager at B Cared For Services